SOS Children villages – greece
SOS Children’s Villages Greece is a member of SOS Children’s Villages International which is currently active in 136 countries. SOS Children’s Villages have been operating in Greece since 1975, with the aim to help children who have lost or are at risk of losing parental care.
We believe that every child should grow up within a family with love, respect and security, and so our work helps families create a loving home where a child can be a child. We help families care for their children and, when children can no longer live with their own families due to serious social reasons, we provide quality alternative care in foster families or in an SOS Children’s Village for as long as it needs.
In total, we operate the following programs in Greece:
- 4 SOS Children’s Villages in Vari (Attica), Plagiari (Thessaloniki), Alexandroupolis and Heraklion
- 2 Youth Houses in P. Faliro and Thessaloniki
- 2 SOS Babies Home for abused babies & infants in Athens
- 9 Social Centers for families in crisis in Athens, Heraklion, Ioannina, Komotini, Kalamata, Patras, Piraeus, Sapes (Rodopi) and Thessaloniki
- 6 Learning and Education Centers in Athens, Heraklion, Ioannina, Kalamata, Patras, and Thessaloniki
…as a company we want to have a positive impact on the people that create our community
For us, at Zanidakis S.A. it is important to help those in need. Especially children, as they are our future. Thus we work closely with SOS Children Villages in Heraklion, Crete, to provide supplies as often as we can.